I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
4.2 Names and Formulas of
BC Science 10
2. The positive ion is always a _____ in a compound containing two elements, and it is always written first.
6. _____ _____ are compounds that are composed of positive ions and negative ions.
8. The compound, sulphur hexafluoride, contans _____ flouride ions.
9. In an ionic compound, the first part of the name indicates the _____ ion
13. In a covalent compound, the precise number of _____ of each element in the molecule is shown by the chemical formula.
14. A _____ covalent compound contains two non-metal elements joined together by one or more covalent bonds.
15. Nickel (Ni) in the periodic table lists two ion charges, 2+ and 3+. This means that nickel is _____.
16. In an ionic compound, _____ are used to show the smallest whole-number ratio of the ions.
17. _____ indicate the numbers of atoms of each element that appear in the formula of binary covalent compounds.
1. Name the ionic compound formed from zinc and sulphur.
3. The chemical name of an ionic compound always has _____ parts
4. In the formula of an ionic compound, the _____ indicate the ratio in which the positive ions and negative ions are present together in the compound.
5. A _____ ion is an ion composed of more than one type of atom joined by covalent bonds.
7. Because polyatomic ions carry an _____ _____, they cannot exist on their own.
10. The crystal of salt shown in the background of this puzzle formed from a solution that contained sodium and chloride _____.
11. In multivalent ionic compounds, _____ numerals from I to VII correspond to ion charges from 1+ to 7+.
12. In a covalent compound, the subscripts show the actual number of atoms of each element in the _____.